Tips on Using Yammer
- We can reduce silo effects and duplication of resources within the public sector through social media channels like Yammer.
- Yammer is an amazing resource to publish important announcements, notices and updates to a range of custom audiences.
- It offers a range of tools to increase collaboration throughout a Government agency and can help to increase general organisational awareness.
- We can use Yammer to extend social invitations to tailored lists of people within a Government agency.
- This can help improve networking, communication and dialogue within and beyond the confines of organisational walls. This social invitation capability can help to improve cultural and organisational understanding between employees by fostering online and offline relationships.
- Teams within an organisation have the power to share interesting and relevant content to tailored audiences within a professional social network.
- It helps to keep teams up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
- Yammer is a great way to broadcast learning opportunities throughout your organisation. It is also a great place for employees to find topics and ideas that they are passionate about.
- This leads to improved engagement and understanding of what learning opportunities are available in the organisation.
Immediate Community Feedback
- Yammer offers project and business owners the ability to gain immediate feedback on whatever they are working on. Whether it is a new product or service, or even a new design or invitation for new ideas, Yammer offers a quick and easy way to gather real feedback from your community and end-user.
Marketing and Online Engagement
- Yammer offers project and business owners with a scalable and low cost means to effectively market their product, service or initiative within and beyond their agency.
- Through quick feedback, project and business owners are able to increase online engagement by directly speaking with the community to gain actionable insight.